In this Issue...
- MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT: Houston Chamber Choir Awarded the 2018 Margaret Hillis Award for Choral Excellence from Chorus America!
- A recap of our 2018 Gala, All That Jazz
- Preview of our upcoming April 14 concert, Just Imagine!
- After Party at Brooklyn Athletic Club
- Reserve Your Tickets Today!
Houston Chamber Choir Achieves High Honor!
On Wednesday, April 4, Chorus America awarded the Houston Chamber Choir with the Margaret Hillis Award for Choral Excellence. This award honors the memory of Margaret Hillis, founder of the Chicago Symphony Chorus, for her more than 40 years of professional achievement and outstanding contributions to the choral field. The award is presented annually to a member chorus that demonstrates artistic excellence, a strong organizational structure, and a commitment to outreach, education, and/or culturally diverse activities. Eligibility for this award rotates on a three-year cycle and is given to children/youth choirs, adult volunteer choirs, and professional choirs. Houston Chamber Choir was selected from a strong group of talented and dedicated professional ensembles this year. “The Chorus America Margaret Hillis Award is one of the highest accolades an American choir can receive,” says Houston Chamber Choir Artistic Director Robert Simpson. “I am thrilled that the extraordinary work of our musicians, staff and board has been recognized in this way.”