The Houston Chamber Choir invites applications from singers in all voice parts.
The Houston Chamber Choir is a professional ensemble of 28 members. Now entering its 20th season the Chamber Choir has been described by Peter Phillips of the Tallis Scholars as “one of this country’s leading ensembles.” Upcoming season highlights include the premiere of a work for jazz trio and choir by Grammy-winning bassist, Christian McBride, a celebration of the choral tradition of Mexico, performances at the national convention of the American Guild of Organists, and the guest appearance of American conductor Anton Armstrong. Recent guest conductors include Paul Hillier, María Guinand and Simon Carrington.
1) a resume;
2) a brief cover letter; and
3) a sound clip of a recently performed solo work to:
Auditions consist of:
- 2 prepared pieces of your choice, one in English and one in a foreign language. These solos may drawn from the art song, opera, or oratorio repertoire. They need not be memorized. An accompanist will be provided.
- A sight-reading passage
- Vocal agility and ear training exercises
- A conversation with the Artistic Director about your experience and personal goals.
Auditions are held at Christ Church Cathedral, 1117 Texas Avenue, 77002, in downtown Houston.